But what if you do not want to get out of ketosis, even for one day? You just need to know what you can order while eating out on a keto diet, and what you should refrain from. So here is our keto diet restaurant guide.
Do not hesitate to ask the waiter relevant questions that will help you stay in ketosis and enjoy your meal. We have selected several essential recommendations to answer your keto diet questions. You can also choose the best mct oil to maintain your keto diet results.
The main food traps in a restaurant and questions to ask
Here are some tips on what to eat on a keto diet in any restaurant
1. At the restaurant, order fish, meat, seafood without seasoning, or ask what it contains. If you are not sure, order without seasoning and just ask for more butter. Steak and butter is a great solution.
2. Order salads only with olive oil or with any simple and clear sauce.
3. Do not order complicated meals with hidden components.
4. If you expect a lot of temptations, you can shift the entire rate of carbohydrates in the evening. Take only fat and protein in the morning and in the afternoon. Set 30-40 grams of carbs while you are dining out.
5. You can take some fatty snacks before dinner in a restaurant; any carbohydrates eaten will not cause such a massive increase in insulin. But in this case, you cannot eat a lot of carbs if you maintain the keto diet menu for weight loss.
6. Remember that you have 30-40 grams of carbohydrates at your disposal and eat selectively.
7. If you decide to eat more than usual, then keep in mind that you have about 100 grams of glycogen in the liver. Excess carbohydrates will go to the muscles, it is another 400-500 grams, and everything else will go to fat. Perhaps you will be hit out of ketosis for a day or two. On a keto diet for beginners during adaptation (first month), it is extremely undesirable. So think twice before letting yourself eat everything you wish instead of your daily menu for the keto diet.
If you are not sure, do not eat. There are so many hidden carbohydrates and sugars in the food we eat that you have to be very careful with your orders. Just a few teaspoons of sweet sauce can contain 15-20 grams of carbohydrates. It is almost your entire daily intake. Try to choose dishes that you can decompose into simple ingredients. The simpler the composition is, the higher is the possibility that it matches keto nutrition and does not contain hidden traps. And if you feel that your food was not fatty enough, do not be shy to ask for a piece of butter.
Tell us what you prefer to eat on a keto diet while dining out? Do you have any favorite keto diet-friendly restaurants? What is the keto diet menu for you while eating out? Share your findings in the comments below.