It may be a trivial problem compared to other diseases, but the emotional consequences of having such skin problems can impact your entire life and make you feel less than confident.
On top of that, some studies have shown that people with acne breakouts experienced emotional, psychological, and social ramifications. There are some great home remedies to get rid of acne overnight, but it’s way better to focus on prevention to avoid scars and additional stress.
They tend to struggle against psychological issues such as embarrassment, dissatisfaction with their appearance, and self-consciousness. As a result, it affects their daily and social activities, works, studies, as well as interpersonal relationships.
If you don’t want to suffer any of these, you should take care of your skin before zits, blemishes, and pimples will invade your face; Surely, there are no young men out there who will want that. Though everyone’s skin is different, there are skin care routines that can work wonders for gentlemen who have oily and acne-prone skin. Check them out!
1. Cleanse Your Face The Right Way
Cleansing is essential for young men with oily skin to prevent blemishes and acne breakouts. It may seem to be the most simple and straightforward step to any skincare routine, but doing it correctly with the right product could make a huge difference. As such, if you’re only washing your face with soap whenever it looks dirty, you’re doing it the wrong way.
Ideally, it would be best if you cleansed your face twice a day, once in the morning and another at night before going to bed. Cleansing in the morning refreshes you by eliminating dull skin and impurities, while nighttime cleansing, on the other hand, can wash away pore-clogging dirt from sitting on your face throughout the night.
On top of that, you shouldn’t use any soap on your face, unless they’re specifically formulated for your skin type. Most generic bar soaps can change the skin’s pH balance, increasing yeast, and bacteria growth. To avoid this from happening, you should find a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser that is alcohol-free in cleaning your face.
Furthermore, to effectively remove the daily grime without drying out or irritating your skin, you should splash lukewarm water on your face before washing. Warm water temperature can open up pores and help loosen the dirt while preserving the natural hydrating oils of your skin. When you’re done cleansing, use cold water in rinsing your face to close the pores, then pat it dry.
2. Exfoliate Your Skin to Get Rid of Blemishes
Besides washing your face, exfoliating is another essential step in taking care of your skin. But unlike cleansing, scrubbing your face shouldn’t be done on an everyday basis. However, men with oily and acne-prone skin should exfoliate more often than those with dry and sensitive skin.
If you have oily skin, exfoliating 1 to 3 times a week is ideal for eliminating dead skin cells, as well as other bacteria on your face. With this, healthier and fresher skin cells will come out, improving your complexion and, at the same time, preventing acne breakouts. Hence, the less build-up on your skin, the fewer breakouts and clogged pores you’ll have.
How to exfoliate your skin?
- Choosing the right facial scrub is the first step in skin exfoliation. You should use a product that contains tiny beads and is more gentle on your face to prevent irritation.
- Put a nickel-sized amount of facial exfoliating scrub on your palm and massage it around your face in a sweeping and circular motion. Be careful not to put something on your lips and eye area, the skin here is susceptible and thin. Otherwise, the grainy scrubs may aggravate and damage these sensitive parts of your face.
- Gently exfoliate your face. Your aim shouldn’t be scrubbing off multiple layers on your face but removing dead skin cells and other build-ups that cause acne. That said, exfoliating should be more like buffing than scrubbing to prevent skin irritation and more damage.
3. Don’t Forget the Toner in Your Skincare Kit
If cleansers unclog pores and eliminate grimes, exfoliators remove dead skin cells, toner, on the other hand, balances the oil levels of your skin. In other words, this skincare product might work miracles for guys with an oily and acne-prone face.
Here are some of the reasons why facial toner is a great helping hand for gentlemen who want to deal with their slick, sweaty, and greasy skin:
- Balances skin pH levels. Men with oily faces find it more challenging to maintain the pH balance of their skin. If your skin’s pH level gets off the equilibrium, you may experience skin inflammation, faster-developing wrinkles, and higher risk for blemishes. Thus, to avoid these skin problems, applying toner to your face is a significant step.
- Controls oil production. Excess oil production can give your face a greasy sheen that may cause acne breakouts. Good thing, facial toner for men balances the oil levels of your skin and gives your face a healthy and glowing appearance.
- Unclogs or minimizes pores. Facial toner designed explicitly for gents eliminates redness, reduces inflammation, and removes pore-clogging impurities. As a result, your pores will become less noticeable and reduces the chance of having acne breakouts.
- Toner enhances the effects of facial moisturizers. When the excess oil on your face has been removed, and your skin’s pH level is balanced, the moisturizer you apply will absorb more on your skin, making it more effective.
How To Use Facial Toner For Men?
Using facial toner for men is simple. All you have to do is place a few drops on cotton balls or in the palm of your hands, then distribute it evenly all over your face after cleansing and or exfoliating. Make sure not to skip the crucial areas that are susceptible to oil and acne accumulation.
Furthermore, applying toner once in a day is enough to prevent redness and over-drying — make sure you’ll use the one with an alcohol-free formula. If you have sensitive skin, you can start using it twice a week to observe how your skin reacts to its ingredients. The following week you can move forward and apply it every other day, and after that, you can use it daily.
4. Moisturizing Your Skin is Essential
Most men with oily skin thought that moisturizers could only worsen their problems; that’s why they didn’t include moisturizing as a part of their skincare routine. However, adding oil and adding moisture are two different things. That means you’re not putting extra oil on your face when you apply moisturizer.
In fact, this product protects your skin from the harmful effects of sunlight, environmental pollutants, wind, and shaving without clogging your pores. In addition, the products made from natural ingredients offered by Anoque Skincare and other brands work better for men with oily faces.
How to Moisturize Your Face?
To achieve healthy and hydrated skin, you can apply moisturizer after shower or immediately after you’ve cleansed and patted dry your face. With the same manner in cleansing and toning, you should also moisturize your face with a gentle touch. Doing it twice every day is ideal, especially if you have dehydrated skin.
As a piece of advice, apply your evening moisturizer at least 30 minutes before going to bed so that it has time to sink in and doesn’t rub off on your blanket and pillows.
5. Use Facial Mask to Deep Clean Your Pores
Another effective way to control your oily face is by using facial masks for men. Yes, you read it right! Facial masks are for men too. This skincare product helps spruce up gentlemen’s complexion, whether they want to remove dead skin, unclog pores, or lessen the appearance of wrinkles.
There are different types of facial masks you can incorporate in your skincare routine. Here’s a few of them:
- Cream masks
- Clay masks
- Peel-off masks
- Sheet masks
- Gel masks
- Overnight masks
- Aging masks
- Mud masks
In choosing a facial mask, you should check its formula and make sure it’s recommended for your skin type. Thus, opt for the one with deep cleaning natural ingredients to help diminish dirt and excess oil from your pores. By doing so, you don’t have to worry that it’ll leave your skin dehydrated or irritate your face.
How to use facial masks?
The first step in applying facial masks is choosing the right product for your skin. If you have an oily and acne-prone face, gel masks or clay and mud-based can be perfect. Once you’ve found the one, here’s what you need to do:
- Spread an even amount of gel or clay masks over your face using your fingertips. Avoid getting it on your eyes and lips as these areas are susceptible and thin.
- Leave the mask on your face as specified on the instruction.
- After a particular time, wash off the mask with lukewarm water and cleanser until it’s completely removed.
- The last step is moisturizing.
Moreover, you should apply a facial mask only once or twice a week. Also, don’t leave it on your face for too long as it could dry out your skin.
Bonus Tip: Don’t Overdo It!
If there’s one thing that you should remember when doing the five skincare routine above, it will be “Don’t overdo it!” Thus, if you think the more you wash your face or exfoliate daily produces better results, you are mistaken.
If you wash your face more than twice a day, it may produce more oil instead of putting it under control. Excessive scrubbing, on the one hand, may cause burning, redness, and or peeling. If any of these will happen, your skincare routine won’t work and leave you the exact opposite of the results you want to achieve.
Whether you’re an adult dealing with an oily face or a young gent who wants to get rid of pimples and blemishes, following a skincare routine is essential in dealing with your skin problems. The tips mentioned above will only take some minutes, but the results may significantly impact your everyday life.
Why will you need to go through psychological issues of having acne when there are countless ways to prevent it? Thus, if you’re doing nothing to avoid it, you should start following a skincare routine right now before it’ll be too late.