In truth, love potions have existed for thousands of years in the form of tribal medicines. Their primary purpose was to arouse carnal desires in men and women. In some cultures, these herbal medicines were used to enhance virility and muliebrity. Over time these potions have evolved, as have their purpose. From medieval times people have concocted love potions to cast a spell over men and women.
So if you have a ravenous desire to be with someone you love, an expert can help you try and make a love spell potion.
The Science Behind Love
A lot of people claim that love is a state of emotion and bonding which develops between two people. But in reality, love is a series of chemical reactions in the human brain. It starts with initial attraction and develops into long-term bonding. There is a reason why it is called “The Chemistry of Love”. Let’s break it down into stages, shall we?
- Attraction and Evolution
Natural body odors or pheromones play the first and foremost role in human mating. Humans feel attracted to their body odor. It activates the part of the brain that deals with emotional balance. We tend to amplify this odor towards potential mates. The reason is that body odor has data related to our immune system which is then decoded by the partner’s brain. We tend to feel attracted to pheromones that complement our immune system. Evolution has taught us that immunity to diseases is an important part of effective reproduction.
For centuries, humans have created potions that enhance body odors. Over time these potions got generalized as perfumes and colognes. So it is possible to create a perfume that attracts the attention of a particular man or woman. A psychic would have to understand the pheromones which attract that person.
- Physical Response or Lust
After the initial attraction, the next step is where your physical attractions start. It happens as a result of rising levels of Testerone and Estrogens. The hormones affect both men and women. That is followed by the release of a few more neurotransmitters.
- Adrenaline: Adrenaline causes an increase in the heart rate. You feel flustered and there is an occasional nervousness around your partner.
- Dopamine: Dopamine creates a feeling of pleasure and you long for your partner’s affection. You feel an increase in your energy levels and there is an urge to stay awake longer. You tend to focus on every little detail of your relationship.
- Serotonin: Serotonin makes you think about your partner every moment of the day. It also makes your brain imagine that you can smell his or her pheromones.
In medieval times love potions were mostly added to edibles which were made by adding pheromone laden sweat from private places. During 16rth century magical literature became very popular and would contain recipes of love potions using herbs, worms, and animal products.
In modern times real-life love potions have evolved into various forms of drugs, elixirs, and medications. Some can be made at home while others need more expert hands and guidance.
- Long-Term Commitment
So you’ve reached this far with a love potion, how would you be sure if it is going to be a happily-ever-after. Well, it seems that long -term love has neurochemistry involved too. Two hormones are majorly responsible for that.
- Oxytocin: Ever felt mentally closer to a person after having sex? Oxytocin handles that feeling. It gets released when you have an orgasm and gives you the urge to cuddle afterward. Oxytocin strengthens the bonds between couples and enhances their feelings toward each other.
- Vasopressin: This is another chemical that is released after sex. It creates a sense of devotion and loyalty towards a partner.
You must have heard that having a piece of chocolate or an oyster can elevate your mood for sex. Aphrodisiacs exist in nature in many forms and there have been studies that animals consume them too. A love spell or potion acts similarily, but the effects are manifolds. Unlike aphrodisiacs, love potions take a long time to wear off. Think of love potions as a love drug. You might have to administer it regularly, but the results would be to your satisfaction.
Guidelines to Keep in Mind
Love potions are tricky and should always be treated with caution. Here are a few things you should keep in mind.
- Keep your intentions genuine.
- Love spells should be meant to create the initial romantic attraction and not love itself. You should always let love happen organically.
- Make the potions for a limited time. That way the renewal of the magic stays in your control.
- Create a safeguard or a reversal first, in case things go wrong with the potion or its effects.
If you feel you are ready to introduce some magic to your secret crush, it is time to believe in its power. Feel confidant in the fact that your love spell can bring your love into your life and be a part of it.