We believe, though, that you don’t really need to go out there for your romantic getaway. Instead, you can create a more romantic home that can remind you of the love that you share with each other each passing day. Isn’t that more beneficial for your marriage? We think so too!
That’s why, in this article, we are going to help you do just that. We will be sharing the best design tips we have up in our sleeves to create a more romantic home from your bedroom and beyond. Let’s get started!
We know you’re probably excited to head straight to decorating. After all, decluttering isn’t the most fun chore in the world. However, nothing kills romance faster than clutter. So if you’re really intent on creating a more romantic abode, then your piles of random things on the various surfaces around your home should be the first things to go.
Aside from that, decluttering will also free up more space for you to add the decorative elements that we’re going to share and talk about next.
Anyway, once you’re done with your decluttering and preparations, we can now finally move on to the main part of the article where we’re going to feature our favorite home interior accessories to achieve that romantic look.
We always prefer to start with the lighting. After all, it can drastically change the look and mood of your home in an instant. Remember, the warmer and dimmer the lights are, the more intimate it will feel, and thus, more romantic. That’s what we’re going for.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different lighting pieces. Vintage crystal chandeliers have a lot of history and character, combined with an aesthetic that never goes out of style. However, creatively installed fairy lights can also result in the same effect without the hefty price tag. It will seem as if you’re always under the stars.
Aside from lighting, another decorative element that can definitely set the mood in any interior space is wall art. Can you imagine the effect of an oversized piece on your wall? It certainly makes a statement, right?
We tend to prefer more personal pieces when it comes to decorating a place to make it more romantic for couples. We suggest using photos taken during particularly memorable moments in your relationship such as your wedding or your first date. If you enjoy displaying calligraphy or typography, though, then veer away from the usual romantic quotes. Instead, choose memorable words as well, such as a favorite line from your vows or an inside joke that only the two of you share.
Next, here’s a pro tip to keep in mind during your decor project: the more pillows you have, the more cuddling opportunities you’ll get. However, a pile of plain pillows can easily get boring. Hence, dress them up with stylish cushion covers.
Choose soft colors in interesting textures over bright-colored colors and patterns. And pile them together with layers of cozy blankets.
Mood lighting, memorable photos, cushions…sounds like everything is already falling into place. We just need a few more items to complete the look.
First of which are candles. Now, candles are usually categorized under mood lighting as well, but we beg to differ. After all, we still light candles even with proper lighting. Thus, we consider it as a separate decorative element.
We recommend getting scented ones in order to add to the romance factor. Here are a few scents we prefer:
- Sweet. Sugary scents like cinnamon, warm sugar, and vanilla can inspire you to start an evening of nibbling.
- Exotic. Meanwhile, more exotic scents like sandalwood and patchouli can also ignite passion. Opt for more tropical scents like pineapple, orchid, and coconut if it can remind you of past vacations in paradise, though.
- Perfume. Finally, be on the lookout for perfume-infused candles as well. There’s always something romantic and sexy in the scents of Cool Water and Chanel No. 5, after all.
Finally, you have probably noticed that we have skipped floral scents above. That’s because we recommend getting them fresh. Here are our most favorite blooms with their meanings:
- Roses. A proven classic. Red roses symbolize love, passion, and romance. There’s a reason why roses are given during Valentine’s Day.
- Peonies. We love styling arrangements with peonies. They’re just so fluffy, delicate, and stunning. More so, they symbolize romance and bashfulness. Perfect for starting anew or you’re the bashful types who tend to keep things more personal and intimate. Aside from that, there are also cultures that consider peonies as a good luck charm. It wouldn’t hurt to have that extra luck around if you’re about to have a romantic dinner to patch things up.
- Matthiola Incana. Here’s a bloom that’s a little bit more uncommon. But they’re so beautiful that we simply can’t resist not to add them here. As for their symbolism, they stand for beauty and happiness that never fades.
- Ranunculus. Lastly, this has got to be our most favorite bloom of all. Symbolizing charm and attraction, ranunculus flowers look like more stylish and sophisticated roses, almost like works of art that sprang into life.
To sum up our article, here are our design tips for your easy reference:
- Keeping your home neat and tidy is the first step towards creating a more romantic atmosphere at home.
- Choose home accessories that show history and elegance, but in more subdued colors and patterns. You want to accentuate the emotions that they invoke.
- Candles are more than just pieces for mood lighting. Their scent can stimulate the senses and create and add passion to any home.
- The same applies to flowers, but aside from their scent, they add a pop of color and a layer of poetic symbolism as well.
We wish you all the happiness. Now, go start romancing!