It is related to everything in this universe and can bring you peace of mind and boost your happiness and health. The ancient philosophy of Yoga stands for Union of all those things in and around you. When you go deeper into yogic science, you realize its essence in almost all aspects of life.
Since adventure is also a part of human life, Yoga has its influence on the thrilling aspect of life as well. Before learning how to raise the fondness of globetrotting with Yoga, let’s understand the life-long alliance of these two actions.
Yoga and Adventure
The depth of Yoga’s association with adventure is one of the most unmapped topics, feels many Yoga experts. Those, who understand spirituality and the ancient Indian history, claims that ancient science has been closely related to adventure, in fact, Yoga itself is an act of adventure. For instance, take into account the oldest living martial art form of Kalaripayattu.
This fighting system is entirely based on the theories of Yoga and has been taught alongside Yoga in many Yoga schools in India. Having originated in Kerala, India’s southernmost region, Kalari is everything an adventure can be. It is sensational, it is thrilling, and more importantly, Kalari is full of excitement.
Coming back to the normal practice of Yoga, which is again very much embedded into the elements of adventure. In the world of Yoga, you do not need to go on an adventurous vacation to experience the sensational flow of blood.
The beauty of Yoga promotes the feeling of exciting experiences in the life of a person. Advanced Yoga poses such as Bakasana, Koundinyasana, Kukkutasana, Astavakrasana, etc. put the body in the position of complexity, an important aspect of the adventure.
Let’s get prepared for adventure with Yoga exercises
Yoga is diverse. It is filled with enormous beauty. As we have discussed above, Yoga is another way to enjoy the delight of an adventurous life. The ancient science is made of a number of practices and asanas that play huge roles in transforming one’s life into a beautiful journey.
Different momentary issues that originate on a travelling journey can be associated with the challenges that life throws at you every now and then. Here yogic poses play their parts. Since having good health is of immense importance in order to enjoy adventure, yogic exercises help you live your life to the fullest.
Have a look at some of the Yoga poses that gives firmness to the body, promotes blood circulation, and lets the body metabolism work with complete efficiency
- Chakrasana: Chakrasana stands for the Wheel Pose. It is one of the most dynamic Yoga poses. It would not be an exaggeration to say that this pose is a representation of Yoga’s flexibility in the true sense. Also known as Urdhva Dhanurasana, the exercise involves almost all the body parts, from head to toe and nurtures the body in an astonishing fashion. To perform this asana, lie down on the back. Bend your knees to bring the feet completely in touch with the mat and the lower legs perpendicular to the ground. Slowly and steadily, fetch your body towards the knees while lifting the chest upward by pushing the ground with the palms. Come into the position of a wheel with the palms and soles holding the body weight. Your abdomen should be at the highest point. Keep the spine lengthened and the chest open.
The backbending exercise is very effective in elongating various parts of the body. It tones the thigh muscles and makes the body athletic.
- Natarajasana: Nataraja depicts Lord Shiva and his cosmic energy in the form of dance. The classical dance form is the incarnation of Shiva’s vibrant power that he carries with himself. When the same passion and power merge with the fire of Yoga, it manufactures the beauty of Natarajasana. The pose is everything that one needs to begin a sparkling journey. It is all about vibrancy that one needs during a thrilling experience. It is known as Lord of the ring pose and is useful not only in maintaining your health but also encouraging you to take the road not taken.
Begin the performance of this asana by standing on the Yoga mat in a straight line. Bend the left knee while bending the body in the forward direction to balance yourself on the right foot.
By fetching the left hand backward, hold the toe. Raise your right hand on the air in such a way that it remains parallel with the ground. Make sure the right foot is perfectly placed without bending the knee. Balance the body in this pose for at least 2-3 minutes before changing the side to complete the pose.
- Bakasana: Among the highly challenging poses of Yoga, Bakasana has its name written. It is an extremely beautiful exercise that has its impacts on the thighs, arms, spine, etc. Bakasana is Sanskrit for Crow Pose, owing to the practice’ impersonation as a Crow. The pair of hands act as the crow’s legs. During the asana, the whole weight of the body is supported on the palms that lie flat on the mat. The knees are placed on the arms to assist the hips, thighs, and lower spine stay in the air. The Yoga asana is entirely based on the principle of enjoying a daring way of life. While practicing the exercise, when you look down towards the ground, you will know what courage is. Bakasana transforms you into a risk-taking person, enabling you to relish every bit of the breathtaking journey you take during an adventurous holiday.
- Malasana: Malasana is a Hatha Yoga asana that is extremely influential for your thighs and legs. Everybody, who is willing to go on an adventurous trip, should prepare the body and mind with the practice of Malasana. The Garland Pose is a sitting exercise in which the body weight is placed on the soles with the toes facing opposite sides. The palms are joined in Namaskar with the elbows helping the thighs getting spread. You can take the help of this practice to strengthen your thighs, hips, and spine – three of the most important body parts playing significant roles in the success of a thrilling trip. This asana can encourage you to explore the beauty of this world with extreme fascination.
- Kapotasana: As a globetrotter, you need to carry the load of your backpack on your shoulders. So, you need strong shoulders for that. In fact, the entire body should be in good shape if you are a constant traveler. In addition to being healthy, you should be conscious about your body flexibility. One gets different challenges, which he/she needs to face during adventurous trips. Kapotasana might be the best way to fix all your travelling worries. Give at least 10-15 minutes to the exercise of Pigeon Pose and get ready to enjoy thrilling experiences.
To do the asana, place your body in the Downward Dog position. Bring the right leg in the front direction in such a way that you seem to be sitting in the half-cross-legged pose. Keep the left leg completely in contact with the mat with the sole facing the ceiling. Directing the body weight forward and opening up the chest, bend the left knee to hold the foot by both your hands behind the back.
Thrill yourself with mindfulness
After the discussion about yoga asanas, let’s now talk about the practice and beauty of mindfulness. An extremely integral part of the ancient science of Yoga – Meditation has a huge influence on the mind, body, and soul of the practitioner.
Meditation is an adventurous act in its own term. Since you need to go to the deepest layers of your mind, it requires a lot of practice to control. At the end of a meditation session, all you receive is the refreshment of the utmost level, like what you experience after reaching the top of a snow-laden mountain. While hiking your way through the soul-stirring path of the mountain, you face difficulties and complexities. At the same time, the spellbinding sceneries around you motivate you to take a few more steps.
All you need is to recognize elements that motivate you and those which don’t. You have to choose the former ones. For that to happen, a clear mind with pouring thoughts is needed. There is no better natural way than Meditation to nourish an affirmative brain.
Begin your day with approx 10 minutes of Meditation in a completely serene environment. Yoga and health experts suggest practicing Yoga and Meditation early in the morning. You tends to be more mindful with constant practice.
They say there should be silence before a hurricane. Meditation really represents that silence before you experience the tremendous exuberance of thrilling activities. It prepares you to feel the ebullience of skiing in the Pacific, surfing in the Atlantic, and Rafting in the Ganges.
Bring out the courage to face the most challenging environment while paving your way to the height of adventure with Meditation. Learn how to keep yourself connected with the present while walking on the never-before-explored road. The yogic practice is probably the most amazing way to enjoy a composed life even in the scarcest of circumstances. Do Yoga, practice mindfulness, and enjoy the immense thrill.
Adventurous Yoga holiday
This world is huge – a blend of everything that a person wants to experience. When we combine the beauty of Yoga and the charm of adventure, what we get is nothing but inner bliss. Along with the globalization of Yoga, there have been demands for making ancient science more galvanizing then, emerged the idea of integrating Yoga and holidays. It’s also a great way to use your holidays not only to get a deep rest but also to work on yourself and meet like-minded people from around the world.
There are a number of places in India and the world where you can experience the blissfulness of Adventurous Yoga holidays. These retreats are organized in serene and picturesque locations mostly. In India, places such as Rishikesh, Gangtok, Ladakh, Goa, Kerala, etc. are known for such vacation trips.
Known as Yoga retreats, these programs turn out to be extremely amazing for travel-makers, thanks to the rejuvenating environment that they enjoy at the retreat centres. While you practice Yoga to bring harmony and health to the mind and body, you will also take a scintillating journey to the mountains.
Beach Yoga Retreats are also popular forms of Adventurous Yoga vacations. Most of these programs are organized near a beach and the ocean adventures are on display in these events. Some of the most famous places for Ocean adventure are Miami, Mexico, New Zealand, Caracas, Panama, etc. Feel the thrill of these places while getting pacified with the practice of Yoga.
The breathing factor of Adventure
Life can be summed up in the beauty of breathing. There is no life without breath. Inhaling and exhaling are not just bodily functions associated with the matter of life and death. Breathing is much more than we can imagine. Breathing brings harmony to each and every element of life. Talking about the thrill of enjoying a journey to the Himalayas, the process of breathing is extremely important.
One of Yoga’s most vivacious practices, Pranayama is all about breathing in and breathing out deeply. The yogic exercise of Pranayama can help you experience the depths of adventure in an awesome fashion. Sitting in a cross-legged position, enjoy deep breathing constantly. The practice is helpful for the health of the body in many ways. It boosts the circulation of blood so that you do not get tired easily when on an adventurous journey.
The process also purifies the red liquid, giving the body enormous reason to celebrate pleasure. The more you delve deeper into the delight of Pranayama, the better enjoyment you will be able to experience. You can practice this exercise on the hilltop, at the beach, in the jungle, etc. to feel the tranquility of the resonating environment.
The adventure begins with Yoga and ends with it too. If you are aspiring to combine the scintillation of Yoga and the spark of adventure, book a Yoga retreat or Yoga teacher training in India Bali, and Thailand. These kinds of events in the traditional home of Yoga can be more than a thrilling experience.
A Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, the world Yoga capital tells you a lot about the relation of Yoga’s most ancient knowledge with the feeling of bliss and benediction. Set your foot on the sacred soil and embrace the spiritual fragrance while challenging the Himalayan height and exploring the deep waters of the Arabian Sea.