You may have had an amazing love life in high school, or this aspect of your life may have been rather dull. Regardless of your dating experiences in high school, dating in college can be significantly different. College dating has its unique set of unspoken rules as well as some exciting perks and risky pitfalls.
After you give yourself time to adjust to college life and get settled into your classes, you may be ready to jump right into the dating scene. However, remember that dating in college adds more complexities to your life. This means that you need to find a way to juggle all of your academic responsibilities and perhaps work responsibilities while also actively dating.
As amazing as dating in college can be, keep in mind that it can add drama to your life. This holds true regardless of whether you want to hookup from time to time or you are interested in developing a serious relationship with someone. Very few college students will make it through to graduation day without dating casually or seriously, so keep these universal truths about college dating in mind.
You may think that all girls who you meet want a serious relationship, but this is not the case. Just as some guys want a casual hookup with no strings attached, some girls also want this same experience. With these girls, you may have a one-night stand or a string of encounters. With the latter type of relationship, you could date the girl without ever being her boyfriend.
Hookups have a generally negative connotation, but casual relationships can be great in many ways. For example, casual dating and fun sexual encounters allow you to blow off steam and relax. College can be stressful, and this may be just what you need to unwind. However, casual dating can be risky, so you need to protect yourself against STDs.
- Casual dating and occasional hookups are great for guys with busy schedules. When you have a casual thing going on, you do not have to find regular time in your busy schedule to spend time with a girlfriend. However, you do need to make it clear that you only want a casual relationship. If you fail to clarify this, you could be in store for major drama.
- When you do not have a serious romantic relationship, you can potentially have a much simpler college experience. Without your attention divided between studies and a girlfriend, you can focus your attention mostly on your studies with minimal distractions.
- College can be expensive, and your finances may be strapped until you graduate and land a great job. Serious dating can be expensive because of the need to actually go on dates. Casual relationships typically do not involve any type of expensive dates.
- Casual dating is not necessarily a solo activity. You may hit bars and parties with a few friends to pick up girls. In this way, this gives you and your many wingmen a chance to hang out and have fun until you meet someone who you want to hookup with.
- One of the most important unspoken rules about hooking up in college is to stay away from hookups with girls in your dorm. This type of hookup is called “floorcest,” and it should be avoided because it can make your life awkward and stressful.
- Be aware of the possibility that one of the girls who you hookup with may actually be someone who you fall for. Even when you do not intend to have serious feelings for someone, there may be incredible chemistry or a huge spark that hits you unexpectedly.
- Privacy can be a huge problem when you are dating in college, and this is particularly true if you live in a dorm. Just as you have a very realistic likelihood of walking in on other people in the middle of a heated session, there is also a good chance that you will be caught in the act on more than one occasion. You and your roommate may both have a few awkward moments that you should be prepared for.
- You may have more than one casual thing going on at a time. When you have a “complicated” relationship status, you need to fill your roommate in on the details. This will help you avoid having unnecessarily awkward moments.
While some college students prefer to hookup with no strings attached, others actively look for a girlfriend who they can have a long-term relationship with. In some cases, you may not have gone out looking for love, but a one-night stand turned into something more. Regardless of how you stumble into a serious relationship, you should be aware of what this could mean for you.
Before you jump into a serious relationship, give yourself time get used to college life and living on your own. Your college experience may be something entirely new to you in almost every way, so you understandably have some adjustments to make. It is wise to avoid getting into any relationship after at least the first month or two of your freshman year have passed. This is the time to get used to college, meet enough people and form great friendships with other students.
Steady relationships in college can be emotionally and sexually rewarding, however, they can drain your time and be more stressful than beneficial. If you decide to get seriously involved, be prepared to juggle your relationship’s demands with all your other responsibilities.
- You may meet your girlfriend in class, or you can plan to take a class together each semester. This means that class time and studying can count for at least some of your couple time together. Plus, it’s beneficial for a relationship when both sides have similar goals.
- Couples in serious college relationships often spend at least some of their week studying together. You both can help each other stay on track as you work toward your goals. Study dates can help you on a personal level, as you get to know each other well, and it could strengthen your romantic relationship.
- College is tough, and in some cases, it can be a lonely experience. A girlfriend could be someone who you have a legitimate, strong connection with. This may be a girl who you trust completely and who you can depend on. Also, having a date for formals is one less thing to worry about.
- Because you and your girlfriend may be running around campus throughout the week, there is a good chance that you may bump into her unexpectedly. Seeing her out of the blue can make your day.
- School breaks may send you both back home to different locations. While this could be a setback, you could use it as a time to travel to a new area while also spending more time with your SO.
- Many college students struggle with time management with the basic responsibilities associated with their classes and perhaps a part-time job or an internship. Adding the time commitment of a romantic relationship to the mix can be too much for some guys to handle. Be honest with yourself about how much you can take on while still being as successful as possible with your classes.
- In many cases, you and your girlfriend will have dramatically different schedules. After all, everyone’s classes are at different times, and you both may also have different work schedules. Trying to find time to see each other while also getting all of your studying done can be challenging and can add unnecessary stress to your life.
- You could fall in love with a girl, but it may simply not work out because of your scheduling conflicts. This can be heartbreaking and stressful.
- Some girls demand constant attention. You may have to go through several girlfriends until you find one who is supportive of your goals and understands your responsibilities. When you finally find a girl like this who makes you happy, you will know that she is a keeper.
- Some girls may seem great at first, but once you are involved in the relationship, you discover that they are pure drama. These may be girls who do not let you study when you need to or who are overly controlling of your schedule. Bad relationships can be detrimental to many aspects of your life because of the stress and anxiety they cause. These types of relationships are toxic and could interfere with your collegiate success if you do not recognize them immediately and cut off ties with a dramatic girl.
- Going to parties with your friends is not the same if you are committed to someone.
Dating in college is what you make of it. Your college years are a time to grow as an individual and to meet a lot of amazing people. You may learn substantially from being in multiple relationships. Remember that each relationship can teach you something new about yourself.
College is a time to enjoy yourself, but it also is a time to focus on your future. It’s a time when making valuable contacts, passing exams and essay writting need to be your priority. While a great steady relationship can benefit you tremendously in many ways, you should not feel pressured to go out and find a girlfriend. It may be a better idea to go with the flow.
Keep your options open without getting committed to the wrong girl. Take things slow and determine if you want the casual relationship to turn into something more. Avoid dramatic relationships and surround yourself with positive and supportive people. This holds true for your friends as well as your romantic partners.
5 Tips to Help You with Dating in College
Although the person you date in college is rarely your future husband or wife. As dating in college is about discovery. Unless you are really lucky to meet your future husband or wife. In this article are tips to help you with dating while in college.
1. Be yourself
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken 😉 You are unique and don’t afraid to use it. For a person truly matching with you, what makes you different from other people will be the best value. Even the most weird, or even socially awkward person can find a perfect partner!
While dating in college, although at first, it can be about fun and games. Ensure that you are yourself as you are brilliant when you are yourself. So as you go through this self-exploration phase, be unapologetically yourself. Also, if you are the kind of falling in love first, then fall in love first, no matter the comments that will come in many ways that you are a needy person.
On the other hand, if you feel better while you remain distant, be distant, as this is truly who you are instead of wearing a mask of who you are not. The internet is full of tips on how to be yourself. You can also find some inspirational articles on anonymous blog sites that can help you to maintain your personality. Plus, you are in college where you need to grow and learn in and outside the lecture halls. Additionally, being yourself will help you maintain proper emotional and physical health while dating.
2. Don’t be afraid to be a bore
It all starts with making eyes across the lecture hall. Although after the first few dates many fear that they may be a boring person to be in a relationship. This is common with women, and yet, not everyone can be an infallibly exciting woman. Like the pressure that is around today of having to be exciting to keep a relationship going.
Since boring in many cases can be exhilarating, especially if it’s with the right person. As there’s nothing wrong with sharing a table as you study in the library, or discussing philosophy, among other things that are termed as boring. Thus, do not be afraid to be boring as people are different, and maybe your partner is looking for a not so hyper person.
3. Exceed your comfort zone
Don’t get too comfortable in a college and yet it is the time of your life where you are free to self-explore. Plus, when you are in your comfort zone, you will never grow. So try out new stuff with the person you are dating, and in the discomfort, you will grow more comfortable with your partner. Once you have known your comfort zone, exceed it by trying out stuff like a new class together, going for exercise together. In this way, you will find an opportunity to grow together with your partner.
4. Attend free student events
If you cannot go to a certain event since you do not have the money to pay for them. Make use of the free student events, that many may assume they are boring, but they are much fun as most students there are in your age group. Plus, you will be surprised how much fun these events are. Go to these events and create memories with your partner, and it is a way that is affordable for both of you. To find these events, check through posters in the student union or the college newspaper and check which events you can go to that are affordable for both of you.
5. Don’t fear to break up
As much as dating in college can lead you to find your soul mate. It can also lead to a breakup. Thus, it is okay to stay open to the fact that if it is an amicable or ugly break up and do not be afraid to move on. So if the person you are dating was not really for you, and you had to break up. It is alright as much as rejection hurts. Move on and give yourself self-love and do some exploring. Importantly, do not stay in a bad relationship for fear of staying single.
Successful Time Management for Working, Studying, Dating and Partying
Students find it challenging when it comes to time management. For years now, many students have been approaching me and seeking help on how well they can manage their time. First, it must be a personal goal. Without that, you can plan on how to spend your time but not follow it eventually.
Today I am going to focus on three things that students find it hard to balance. Working, studying, and partying. Currently, most of the college students try their best to work, study, and go to entertainment joints. But not all can fully know how much time to spend when doing all these three without one affecting the rest.
So, with the demand of students requiring help on how well to manage time in this article, you are going to get in-depth tips for successful time management.
Continue reading for more details.
What Activities are to be Done to Squeeze the Most of Your Precious Time?
For an auspicious time, management. When you wake up, you need to know what are the things you must accomplish by the end of the day. Studying can take a toll on you, but managing it can be simple. If it is on a weekday, you need to know what classes you should attend, people you want to meet, assignments to be submitted, and when to report to work. That’s if you work as a barista or any other job to earn some cash while in college.
Complete Your Assignments on Time
Students are known to develop laziness, not all but most of you at one point while in college. To properly get time to perform other duties, you must do your assignments on time to avoid double tasking when it is due.
Remember that the tasks should be done correctly and without grammatical errors. To achieve this, you can seek help from Acemypaper.com or other paper editing service platforms. So, make it a priority to complete all your assignments on time.
Have a Timetable
It is a crucial factor when it comes to proper time management. You need to specify what things you are going to do and for how long. To get a good grasp of how well to manage your time, then make sure you have a timetable always. It might sound crazy for a college student, but remember you have many things to do, places to visit, assignments to be completed, and work too. Ensure that you create a timetable that will help you know what to do every day.
Purchase a Watch or a Clock
Why should I buy a watch or clock? You might be wondering why, but it is a compelling way to show that you are committed to using your time well. You own I smartphone or any other gadget. But that will not give you that real aspect of time management as having a watch or a clock. In your room or study table hung your watch or clock in a place where you can monitor time well.
Seek for Professional Help
There is a party you are invited to, go to a job, attend classes, and do assignments. All these on one person. Ooh! My God, they are too much for one to handle. So, for many students, they will prefer to perform some and leave some. That should not be the case. You need to ensure nothing prevents you from doing what you have planned.
If you think you are becoming overworked, you can seek professional help. Go to a counselor or time management expert to help you guide you on how you can fulfill all your plans without failure.
Overdoing things bring about boredom and lower productivity. That should not be the case. You need to take breaks when working, studying, or partying. It is essential to make you regain energy and the attitude to perform work well.
Students can do things for long hours without considering that other things in their lives must be done. So, when you go out partying or working tirelessly to earn enough income. Make sure you don’t overdo it. Have specific times when you do activities by doing that you will succeed when it comes to time management.
Distractions can cost you a lot of time. For example, you are reading, and a notification pops-up on your phone or laptop. You won’t hesitate opening it. By doing so, you will be giving it too much attention and leaving what you were doing. That should not be the route you should take.
When reading, working, or at a party, make sure that you avoid any distractions. Be it, friends, or family, they can cost you when it comes to how you spend your time. I am not saying that you should avoid them but create time for them when you are free.
Eat Balanced Diets
You might tend to eat fast foods because you have got too much to do in a day. Eating is not a want but a necessity. You must eat well for you to the required energy to work, study, and do other activities.
For students’ meals can be a priority but know that you are creating a habit that will affect your health. Spend time when eating by doing that you will have fewer disorders and enough energy to accomplish many tasks. Also, when you don’t eat well, you will spend your time looking for food. The time that you should have spent on other activities.
To improve your memory capacity and maintain your health, you need to exercise two or three times a week. Spending a considerable amount of time on a gym will help you have a good memory and become healthy too. Through exercise, you will be attentive in what you learn or when working. Therefore, make it a routine to exercise twice or thrice a week. It is not standard, but if you can squeeze in additional time, you can exercise regularly.
Attend all Classes
Never miss any class if you aren’t feeling sick, or you’ve got essential engagements. When you miss a class, it means you will have to spend the time that you should have used to do other things. Additionally, you will miss important points that, you must squeeze in time to go and be taught by your fellow student. That should happen. Make sure that you attend all your classes. That will help you from interfering time specified for other tasks.
Being a student enables you to interact with different people. By so doing, you get to engage with them in other activities apart from your plans. That’s not bad, but you got to have interactions, but don’t give them too much attention.
So, whenever you are required to participate in an activity, but you aren’t free, to be frank, and inform them that you are busy. That way, you can do your things on time rather than concentrating on things that don’t give benefit you directly.
Duty delegation is not bad if it is convenient for the person you are asking for help. If you have too many assignments and you’ve got to work at the same time. You can ask your friend to help you with one task.
Of course you will receive some help requests from your relatives. For example your father may ask you to help him with cleaning his car. In that case you can look for special services to save yourself from doing such time consuming things.
In your workplace, you can ask your workmate who is off duty to take your shift, and you will either pay them or take their shift once you are done with other tasks. It is the best way to help you save time to do important stuff then resume doing the other later.
Don’t Party Every Weekend
You need time to relax after a busy week. Your best option is to go to a party at your favorite club. It is recommended, but don’t make it a habit. If you do so, you will find yourself spending most of your time partying rather than doing other essential things.
Party at least once or twice a month. That way, you will not have hangovers of going to the same joint the next weekend.
Productivity at work or school depends on how you are focused. To achieve high levels of focus, you require enough sleep. Many health experts say that for you to have a smooth day, you need to sleep for at least eight hours.
If you do this, your day will be smooth and work or study without you feeling to sleep or tired. For proper time management, you must have enough sleep. Don’t compromise your sleep for other activities. Never do that.
Set a Reminder
Remainders are essential when it comes to students. Sometimes you tend to forget when specific tasks were supposed to be done like cats, exams, assignment submission, or when to report to your job. If you find yourself in such situations, use your phone wisely by setting remainders. They will help you know what you are supposed to do at what time.
Time management is an act that not many students have mastered. But by implementing these few tips, you can now get a good grasp of time management. Don’t let work, study, or partying make you confused. By giving them specific times, you can accomplish them without feeling any challenges.
Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.